Thursday, May 30, 2013

Junior High (Middle School) through College the first time




   Writing speeches continued to be an important part of my life. There was not one year from 8th grade

through high school that I did not write a campaign speech for student government.  I always said that

my future was in government. When John Engler heard me speak in 1989, he asked if he could meet

with me to discuss my future in government.   I choose raising children and am so glad that I did.

    One speech did bring a trophy to dust in my old age. I competed in the 1973 Miss Teen Age

Michigan pagent. In my interview speech, they decided that I was the most excited about my leadership

positions. (It was the longest list) So my speech won the Miss Teen Age Leadership award.

No comments:

Post a Comment